Nov 19, 2006

SCROOGING ALONG HERE

I can't believe it. It's November 19th and they already took over my radio station here on L.I for Christmas music. It's now the "Christmas Radio Station." WTH!!
Lookout Babs is on a roll today...
When you are a single mother as I was for many years, Christmas is not a time of joy when we make stuff for each other, in true form and are able to enjoy the holiday. Nope, it is a full scale war, take no prisoners. It's no damn wonder more people are convicted of shoplifting, robbery and heinous crimes at Christmas time. Not to mention the suicides.
It's now about the biggest and best electronic equipment known to man. I can remember, even when my kids were young, I got them this thing called "Stretch Armstrong." It just stretched, that's all. Christmas morning, they're asking me where do the batteries go for it and why it's not working? WTF, ya lil' bastards just stretch the damn thing and sit there quietly before I kill us all.
Yea, it came to the point if I'd heard one more Chia Pet or Clap-on commercial, I'd have done the Jim Jones Cyanide Kool-Aid gig. Just kidding, I think?
I'm not real impressed with Christmas and may pick a new religion before it comes. One where you don't give gifts, you only eat good food and that's it. I may start my own cult, wanna join?

9 comments:

Miranda said...

YES! lol it's so true, Xmas has become so over rated. It's bad enough that everything's so expensive, but why the heck can't they just throw in the batteries...you know even the cheap ones that last as long as the interest the kid has in the stupid toy.
Thank God, I'm out of the toy stage.lol

Babsbitchin said...

miranda, sometimes, that toy stage was still not too bad. It's when they get older and you have to refinance your house to do Christmas cause the ungrateful buggers want a stereo system equivalent to a nightclub, that you realize Christmas just lost it's real meaning. lol

Miranda said...

Lol...that so would be the day...NOT. Kat got an electric guitar a couple of years ago, it was from me, Linz, my parents and my brothers. All she got here at home was a pair of jammies and some stocking stuffers. lol

Babsbitchin said...

miranda, but you sure know what I mean, right? These kids today want computers and game systems and they'd like to think it's the land o'milk n honey! Of course having three sons means everything x3. Kill me now!

.Ophelia. said...

You kids are grown so you can chose to not celebrate. Im challenged every year. Chirstmas goes against all my beliefs. And now the Bella is four I have to start the christmas season for real. She wants a tree and decorations!? Its hard just chocking out the words merry christmas.

(sorry for all of you that this day means something, no offence just personal opinion)

If its not the cheesey music to get you in the "spirit" it all the consumer crap they shove in your face well before halloween is over. Gah, its enough to make me scream.

.Ophelia. said...

p.s. your cult sounds scrumptious ;o)

everything times three scares me too. I think I'll stick with my one. haha

Babsbitchin said...

ophelia, no offence taken. I can't stand Christmas. It's a scam and sure has nothing to do with what it was supposed to represent. But we forge on and pretend, especially when they are little. Now, I have 5 grandkids and great-grandkids on the list. Dieing would be easier.lol

Ophelia said...

OH SHIT! ha I forgot about the grandkids. oooh poor Babsi. *cackles maniacally*

Babsbitchin said...

Ophelia, ooooooh that's funny, huh? May you have many snotty nosed curtain jerkers who just love their G-ma and want to be with her night and day! Sounds like a lovely life, huh? I wish I was surrounded by them all and I nothing else to do but cook and be a G-ma! Can you imagine having me for a Grandma? Poor lil buggers!