Dec 11, 2006

EMG DIAL M FOR MURDER

DEAR RICH,

It actually hurts to type. Son of a Bitch that was one nasty bitch to go through. I was literally climbing the wall. I'm serious, at one point, squished up against the wall I was trying to escape my knee and then my ass up the wall and sliding back, fuck me running it hurt! I warned the guy ahead of time that I have Seamanship Awards for language. He was a nice guy and respectful and I was able to contain my big mouth. I even said "Judas H.Priest" once, impressing myself. I think that was when they stuck the needle right into my bicep and wiggled it around on top of the nerve. No Sir, I didn't think it was very funny. The joke was on me, of course, as they gave me nothing for pain or sedation. Oh no you dirty slut, we want you to feel it all when we wiggle that needle into all three nerves in your arm. We want you to know it and feel it and wish you were fucking dead when we zap your nerves with our handy dandy nerve zapper on special at your neighborhood Walmart and Sam's Club!
(On Sale only for Christmas)

He told me that I have Cubital Tunnel Syndrome and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome both. Part of me was glad to hear it cause who wants to be a whiny bitch for nothing? You at least want your pain validated, right? Next, I'm not sure what they'll do. I've dealt with this for years now and it's not going to go away. My trigger finger is not what it used to be, damn look out it's Barney Fife. But I'm losing muscle tone and I'm not real happy with that. Fuck, I'm not a happy camper. Surgery? We'll see. I've been through worse. Bastards!! No one was killed again today, I think I'm getting the hang of this.

12 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

That sounds painful! I'll have to look up Cubital Tunnel Syndrome but my Dad has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in one of his hands. Hope you don't feel "bruised" too long. Hugz and comfort thoughts!

Babsbitchin said...

canadiaswiss, I'm feeling better, thank you. I think I worked myself up, too because I've had this before. I may have even made it worse than it was, well, only by a fraction. Thanks G-Friend!

xmichra said...

That is a painful proccedure, and I hope you are feeling a bit better now that it is over.

Think about the risk +result vs pain. That's my only advice. Sometimes you can take the risk, and get a minimal result and the pain doesn't go away. Or you can not risk, with the same result and the pain is the same as ever. Or you can have the best result with minimal risk and the pain is gone.

so make sure you know what your doing before someone jus goes in and carves you.

.Ophelia. said...

I know this might sound completely lame because if someone told me this two months ago I would have laughed.

Try some easy yoga poses. Alone. haha Cause you wouldnt catch me stretching and holding infront of anyone.

I noticed when I did a couple of them, my wrists and the joints in my arm get a little stretch and it doesnt feel as intense now.
Im sure yours is alot worse then what I feel. Also, you will keep the muscle you have and its super easy. I'll send you the site Ive been using.

RICH said...

so you have pinched nerves all over the place??? The cubital tumnnel - that's what you get for leaning on your elbows or being on all four too many times. as for the CTS that's what you get for repeatedly using your hand on whomever you used it on.

Chef Babs said...

Xmichra, who's on first, what's on second, hahaha! Yes, I do get your meaning. I will weigh it out completely. At the same time, I've lived with it so long, anything different is something to look forward to. I'm wired all wrong but right on the left where the moved the nerves and they're right. lol!

Chef Babs said...

ophelia, you send it, I'll try it. I've done a bit and bio-feedback and the lot, meditation included. I would've gone ballistic today if it weren't for my breathing from Lamaze, learned way back in the 70's. Send it and I'll check it out and thanks!

Chef Babs said...

Rich, you dirty bugger you! I may have got it bending my elbow at the bar, right, amongst other things.
I wanna know why he didn't go all the way up to my neck? I mean, I've been getting terrible headaches and muscle spasms, why did he stop there unless he was only told to check for the carpal and cubital.
This was quite nasty and I did not like it at all. I hurt all over and am surprised I've not bitten my own fingers off.

RICH said...

hey babs, it's an honor to have this post dedicated to me.. little ole me. especially when it involved so much pain and suffering. and the words fuck me and slut and all that good stuff.

I really hope you're feeling better by now. If not oh well - you know the "handy dandy nerve zapper" doubles as a vibrator if that makes you feel any better.

Babsbitchin said...

Rich, no offense meant but I figure you are the one that understands the most. Sorry if you think I meant it in a nasty way, really I am.

Old Knudsen said...

I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and guess what caused it? no not wanking its those fuckers computers, its not been so bad of late it comes and goes but that nerve zap you can keep.

Babsbitchin said...

old knudsen, I've had this shit for years and I've about had enough. Now, that zapper thing is only fun if you're doing the zapping, I'll tell ya! Oh, it's funny as hell to zap somebody else in the balls!