Dec 7, 2006

STRAIGHT UP

Well, I suppose I should just shake my tail feather and let it roll off my back. Why am I having a hard time believing that anyone would have the unmitigated gall to call me a racist? People, their perception and judgment will always differ, often in double parallels .
I look in the mirror every day and question who I am, my behavior, my persona. Yes, I do tend to be extreme, often borderline psychotic, I will cop to that. I can be trashy, cheesy, blunt, rude, crude and socially unacceptable. You live my life, walk in my moccasin and tell me that you can remain unscathed. Not all of us were dealt a fair hand. Not all of us had shit handed to us, education, money and the like. What I got was served in tupperware, not a silver platter and after my husband died, my kids pretty much were served on paper plates in life, too. Some of my own shit was brought on by me, myself and I. But a good portion was not.
I happen to be under the impression that I am fairly intelligent, not genius but I can hold my own. No, I do not write with the decorum worthy of a Rhodes Scholar, nor do I try to be or write to impress the uppity, goody two-shoes crowd. I am not Politically Correct and I never will be. No, I call it like I see it. I often say what you lily livered yellow belly's are afraid to say. I do your dirty work. But guess what? I am honest about life, love, lust, laughter and learned behavior. I will say what needs to be said, while you lay there and lie to yourself.
I have arrived at a point in my life, where you can not really hurt my feelings and try to pull things out of the proverbial "Closet" because it's all here for you to see, pick apart, make judgment upon and feel better about yourself because of. I'm not beautiful, hell somebody's gotta make up the ugly pop, right? I'm not brilliant and I'm not especially outgoing, nor do I have the body of a model. At 48 years old, I was rode hard and put away wet. I felt and lived every fucking day of the last 48 years.
I can hold a conversation in any crowd and have dined with General's and Hobo's. I was able to see them both, in a respectful eye. I've been cocky to a fault but I also know what it is to be terminally humbled. I was a Heroin addict, kicked it and walked away but not without a toll.
I'm still an addict, always will be. I went to Prison and I did a lot of bad things in my past. I dealt with assholes on my own proving ground. I never write checks my ass can't cash but I'm trying to be nice now, you know, play fairly, no sucker punch.
I've lived in a 21 Room Mansion and I've also had to sleep in my car. So, I know what it is to appreciate things after you've had everything taken from you. I walked out of prison with a plastic cup and spoon, that's it and that's all. Did I learn from it all? You bet your fucking ass I did. I learned, if nothing else that the answer
to life is in the love and laughter. I will try not to laugh at your expense, I know how that feels. But I will do what I can, to bring a smile to my weather worn face. If you haven't figured this out yet...it's your loss. Now, stop thinking your shit doesn't stink, stop being judgmental and try putting yourself in the other persons place before you run around like you're all that, when you are so far from it, it is painful.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here by way of the trainwrecks site.

I'm not sure why your blog was "trainwrecked" though.

So you've lived a life of varied experiences. Maybe even a bit of it was, shall we say, on the wild side. *wink*

People don't all grow up in June Cleaver homes. Some of us are born into lives that are filled with struggle. Is it that some of those "lucky" ones just cannot relate?

My own life has been one wild and crazy ride. You name it, I've probably lived through it. Hell, one of my kids lovingly says that with my life, I could be every one of Oprah's shows. HAHA

Not everyone fits into that clean cut, white bread box. Not everyone wants to either. Every experience I have had in life has shaped me into the woman I am today.

I've lived through things most people turn a blind eye to. They simply don't exist in their clean cut world. They cannot even begin to fathom that there are those out there who have been to hell and back and still keep on living, fighting.

I admire your strength, your courage to tell it like it is. Too many sugar coat the real world. I'm glad you don't. Keep up the good work.

Babsbitchin said...

Dear Anonymous, well, what a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry for your misfortune but I can sure relate and understand how it has shaped who you are and will be. It is encouraging to see others on the same page, at least. When I read someone who thinks less of me than I even do, it is a bit of a questionable experience.
No, I'm not PC, nor am I genius, as I assume they must be. Must be rather difficult to be that bright and shiny, lol!
Thanks so much and I hope you'll stop by again.
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I'm from TW too Babs, and you're bookmarked now, Babe. I love ya.

Babsbitchin said...

anonymous, thanks, I recommend safety goggles and sometimes hip waders, lol!

Haden Powell said...

too fuckin right love, buncg of cunts , people thing theyre fucin clver cos theyve been to univesity or they think your shit just cos you;ve got a record but thats bollocks, but anyways if i was a fuckni retard it doesnt matter, evryones got probelems and you cant go around judging people, people should just get their minges out an that, thats my solution nice one lass

Babsbitchin said...

Hadden Powell, Darling, how good of you to stop by. I'm hoping we could have a pint or 20 together, you know get to know each other. Now, I promise not to make any lewd or lacivious acts till you're good n tossed. Then, we ain't leavin' till we're heavin' but I promise a good time. Now, those bloody bullocks are trying to make this lassie feel like Lassie but it just won't do! Thanks for your support, I knew Scotland was having me back. I tip my hat and will drink one in your name tonight!

Old Knudsen said...

You lucky jammy bastard, where is my train wreck? maybe my post, 'why are we feeding the Africans?' will get me noticed,I am racist, and the race I hate is the human race, full of wankers, what a lazy bastard whinging site that Trainwreck site is, wah wah I don't like this blog. what can no one be a crazy bitch anymore? did someone change the rules? when the world ends, there will only be you,me and the cockroaches left, and we'll stomp on them for setting up that train wreck site/blog whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

Yet another new reader by way of trainwrecks...as someone who has learned a few lessons the hard way, I can't help but respect your experience and love your attitude. You're, like, the anti-trainwreck, and you're definitely bookmarked.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think most of us trainwreckers think you are deeply awesome.

M said...

I'm with the last commenter. Definitely awesome.

Babsbitchin said...

old knudsen, I give you credit, your material is far superior to mine but I do suppose hatred is strong and opinions are stronger for some. Yes, we will be doing th Cha Cha on some serious roaches, dirty bastards but at least we won't have to put up with the asinine bunch. Who gives a fuck what who rights or how their website looks, unless you're thinking you're a perfect trainwreck yourself.

Babsbitchin said...

anonymous, please come back, we'll do coffee and laugh about the slap in the face, life has managed, right? I do thank you and appreciate you taking the time to give comment.

Babsbitchin said...

M, What is this trainwreck thing, anyway? Is it just a blog critique, kind of like Rubberneckers R Us? I thank you, please come back, you'll find I am silly but not as stupid as I am painted. It's ok though, it takes all kinds, right?

Snooze said...

I'm wondering what the hell this trainwrecks thing is and who the hell called you racist. But I'm not wondering about how much I enjoy reading you and learning from you. I may not always agree with you [although we're usually on the same page], but I sure as hell respect our differences and think that you rock. Cheers Babs!

Babsbitchin said...

snooze, I respect your opinion and coming from you, I appreciate this. Thank you. Say hello to Canada for me! Stay warm!