Jan 12, 2007

Movie Marathon 2 Cont'd/ Reservoir Dogs

In continuation from Movie Marathon 2, my good pal Chuck suggested I watch Reservoir Dogs. Holy Shit! This movie kicked my ever lovin' ass. "We're supposed to be Professionals, here."
It had me, not reclining in my bed, nestled in my boudoir but sitting straight up and I liked it. Now, you got to shoot somebody in the head, I'm right there pulling the trigger with ya but I had to turn my head, literally, when he went after that guy with the straight razor. I may have been killed or tortured in another life but I only love knives when they're in my own hand. I have a healthy respect as I've seen what they can do but I do get weirded out if someone else has a knife.
I love how Quentin Tarentino uses music and classic lines in his movies. Some people hate cliché ish lines, quotable quotes but I do happen to love them and so does my friend Quentin.Remind me to tell you the story of how a man was shot, standing beside me, to a quote from the movie, "Young Guns." Tarentino's are all original and the Soundtracks he runs on his movies, smack of real life, back in the day. How'd he do it?
So, if you like a smack in the kisser, every now and again and ya wanna watch a movie that'll keep you awake, this is one of them. Thanks Chuck!

**Got any more good movie suggestions for me friends?

15 comments:

Snooze said...

I fast forwarded through the razor blade scene. Thank god I didn't watch this in the cinema or I would have had to leave, but I did like the movie over-all.

Babsbitchin said...

Snooze, howdy thar missy! Yea, I was feeling that shit, the razor gig, oh fuck that musta hurt! I would've had to put my head between my legs or up my own ass, if I'd been in the theater, ya know.But I could watch movies like that and Pulp Fiction, every day of the week!

.Ophelia. said...

everytime I hear Stuck in the Middle, I see Michael Madson dancing around the cop, ready to chop his ear off. I love that!!!

.Ophelia. said...

Requiem for a Dream

I might have suggested that one already...

RICH said...

Sorry but I missed this one too!!

Jagd Kunst said...

City on fire starring Chow Yun Fat. Reservoir dogs is a shot for shot remake of this film. Tarantino's 'genius' amounts to nil when you've seen this film.
And if you are the Ole time drugs person I believe you to be, you'll be rolling on the floor laughing at requiem for a dream.

Babsbitchin said...

Ophelia, I loved the play on music. It is actually a calculated move movie, isn't it? I will be seeing if I can download, Requiem for a Dream, over the weekend. I don't even own a movie membership. I don't know why because Blockbuster is right next door to my station house. But maybe it's because I'm a cheap MoFo? I heard that, lol!
BTW, I always loved the word "Requiem" and wanted it worked into the title of my book. Can you do that for me? My alias is Georgia Blackwell, too. Can we use that?

Babsbitchin said...

Rich, dammit man, I had a valid excuse for not seeing these flicks. Now, get on the ball here before people start making fun of you or something, like they do me. It hurts Rich, it hurts, lol!! You gotta watch Reservoir Dogs and The Notebook, ok? Promise me now?

Babsbitchin said...

jagd kunst, well then, I'm on it like white on rice, like shit on a corn kernel, like a ***** on foodies! Get my drift? Yes, you are quite right, I do hold drugs too close to my heart. But who doesn't like a good party, even if it's by yourself? I do so love to get righteously fucked up. I took a trip and never left the farm, hahahaha!

.Ophelia. said...

Im cheap too. haha We buy bootlegged movies in bulk from a friend that downloads!

Requiem could most definitely work itself into the title. Yea, you could write under that name. Its got a ring to it!
This is your Monster babsi ;o)

Edd.D said...

"Switch Blade Romance" but only watch the french version with subtitles, the American dubbed version ruins it

Babsbitchin said...

Ophelia, Dammit woman, how do you get to do italics? I try to use code and it never lets me. Hint...I noticed the italics and you're scaring me,lol! It is a big hairy buger eating monster too!
My son Bill has 1000+ movies. He cracked codes and copies originals.He thinks it's his purpose in life. He just started doing it a few months ago. His movies are exact and he even labels them. I told him to sell them and he won't do it. Requiem is a cool word and I like it for some reason. I love squeeze too. Now, live and learn; constant drug use will affect you, hahahaha!

Babsbitchin said...

edd.d, I don't think I've even heard of it. You UK fella's are so risque, so cutting edge...I must check it out. I think of you often sweety!

Butchieboy said...

Gummo.

Babsbitchin said...

butchieboy, are you smoking that thar funny smelling cigarette again?