Jan 7, 2007

MOVIE MARATHON 1


I was on a movie marathon Friday and Saturday night. If you've not read it before, I was incarcerated from 2000 to November 2003 and I'm just now getting around, to catch-up on some movies. I downloaded a few from Limewire, onto my computer, hop in bed and act like the world can kiss my ass and just chill.
Jackass The Movie's

If you're in to mindless mayhem, both Jackass and Jackass 2 are gonna make you laugh whether you want to or not. Crazy bastards, I watched them both and often laughed till I cried.


Constantine

I was actually bitterly disappointed with Constantine. Although Keanu has grown in to a fine looking young man, this movie lacked something really big. Could it be that it was really plot less? Just for the record, I am always intrigued and fascinated by mans interpretation of Satan, Hell and the likes. After my exorcism (yes, I said that) at Georgetown University in the early 70's, I've always known and even before, that this is no fairytale but very real. I am not a weirdo fanatic about it all but if asked, I will tell you all about it. Yes, Satan does wear blue jeans and I thought he was under dressed for our date. He does dance divinely though which quickly made me forget his attire.




Get Rich or Die Trying

Now, that's a fine looking brotha and 50 cent has paid his dues. But I was also disappointed when I watched this. I guess I thought this was a played out biography? But it actually turned out to be a hyped up commercial for the man. I like him and his G-Unit but I will say a couple of things on the matter; Impressionable young men are looking up to him for some direction. He needs to take notice of this fact and use it wisely or it will not last. They are looking at him carefully because he made it out of the hood and made it big, after he was a crack dealer. Like so many young bucks before, he was lured by easy money, fast cars and faster women, who can blame 'em? But it does come down to the very fact that that lifestyle should not be aspired to and I think they play it too much. You have to mention it and tell the horror story so those watching will know and understand what makes or breaks the man. But I'll be damned if I can give props to that empty shit gangsta rap as I do believe music sets the mode. Been there, done that, got guns, got straps and a nigga will pop a cap in another nigga's ass over some dumb shit to get his props. Little does he know that the notoriety is short lived and the visits behind prison walls dwindle away as the years drift by. I think in many ways, 50 cent is capable of making a difference. He's got a humble side and is all about respect for his family. So, I want him to look at the shit he's spittin' not with disregard but accountability. He could shape things to come.

**(Notice I used the N word. If you take offense, that's on you. A fine example of my theory "Taking offense is a choice" is pointed out, countless times in this movie. Every other word is "nigga" and he uses it in many ways. He uses it in an endearing manner, derogatory, mainstream, hyped and so on. He chooses to embrace the word just as I do being called a "Bitch." I tasted it, chewed it, digested it and it really didn't hurt. I choose not to be offended. Get my drift?)

8 comments:

.Ophelia. said...

I love your notice :o)

Babsbitchin said...

ophelia, you mean my **post note at the bottom? I do spell it like it is, don't I? I suppose I'll be called a racist now, lol, like it burns, it burns...

Todd in H.K. (formerly Mr. H.K.) said...

Jackass movies make me cry til I laugh!

Glad you enjoyed your weekend off!

Babsbitchin said...

Todd/Mr.HK, I had certain emotions that were certainly painful, especially the beer enema, damn that hurt!

Webmiztris said...

I just watched Jackass 2...those guys are fucking nuts! and I kinda have a crush on Johnny Knoxville...yum. :D

Babsbitchin said...

webmiztris,I like Chris Pontius myself, so this works out. You know, last I knew they were in West Chester, Pa. Hop on the bus Gus and lets do the dang thang. Those crazy bastards, they always gotta put shit on their balls. I know, you ain't talking me into a beer enema or stickin' a matchbox up my ass. If the party is dull, we'll have to play Naked Twister or something, lol!

RICH said...

nicely said Babs... that was more than just a movie review though. I agree with how 50 cent could make a difference. I'm not sure of the whole Hip hop culture and how it defines women.

Babsbitchin said...

Rich, I just so happened to have lived in three ghettoish areas. I saw what I saw and know what I know, not to mention what I learned in prison. They are screwing it up with dillusions. Yea, they don't respect women until they meet the one but my own son is kinda like that. Ball 'em and haul ass, ya know?