Feb 14, 2007

~Happy Valentine's Day~


I could never make a list, of all those I've loved. In one respect, I take love very seriously. In another, it has been a fleeting glimpse and passes like two ships in the night. As we mature, so does our definition of love. But if I tell you that I love you, I do and mean it and feel it. I do not give it out freely or rather, I don't say it with abandon. It is important to me. I really don't think there's a real definition, for true love. I've known, what I thought, was true love and walked away from it. I've hurt the ones I love and they forgave me.Those that I have loved hurt me terribly but when they asked for forgiveness, I gave it. Why? Because real, true love is unconditional. It doesn't require that you're perfection, beautiful or thin. It doesn't require money, wonderful clothes, car, home or sex. Love does not look for fault. For if you are looking for fault, you will find it.
Real love is actually uncomplicated. It is silence in a storm, a feeling with out a single word. It is the comfort of a simple kiss or embrace. It is that twinkle in your baby's eyes, that only a mother sees. It is a simple smile , maybe the very last one, before love, comfortable, everlasting love, slips away in death. So many to love, such little time. Love like there's no tomorrow.


love (lŭv) pronunciation n.
  1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
  2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
    1. Sexual passion.
    2. Sexual intercourse.
    3. A love affair.
  3. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
  4. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
  5. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
    1. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
    2. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
  6. Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
  7. often Love Christianity. Charity.
My definition of love for my children and it may sound hokey but...

I would kill without blinking or take a bullet for my babies. They are now 31, 27,26 but they're still my babies and always will be. I mean this with every fiber of my being.



11 comments:

mary said...

Hey amazing woman..your definition is far from hokey..it closely resembles mine. I don't have children..but have managed to love enough to do the same.

I wish you the best day Babs..with a loving feeling that reaces you & permeates down deep in the soul my sister.

I'm glad you got the xmas card..and are you kidding..me think you're awful..not in this lifetime.

x0x0x0x0x0x0

me again said...

that should've been 'reaches you.'

Oops..

Babsbitchin said...

Mary, that makes me feel so much better. I've been, actually sick to my stomach, since I found it.
You are so passionate and empathic. Why do you think you do your best to drown it out? It's hell to wear the weight of the world, don't I know.
Peace to you my soul sister and for sure, I'll see you on the flip side.
Much Love!!

Snooze said...

I love and agree with your thoughts on unconditional love. There are a few out there I feel it for and I would take them back in a heartbeat.

.Ophelia. said...

aww, great post Babs. I love on so many different spectrums, I couldnt define verbally. Its weird. I have alot of love. Unfortunately my hate is equal to it in size.
But above all I share love more often. I am too always sincere, because if you ask any of my loved ones, they would say it better that I love them then the other. Because you will know when I don't like you. ;o)

Happy Valentines Day my great friend.
I spent the day with Bella and she had a playdate with her little friend Isabelle. It was a good day by far. even if Im a little sick still.
Andrew is getting me a spa pass so I can try out a massage and stuff. Yay!
I hope your day went well. Give love to yours from Bella and I. xoxo

Chuck said...

love is really just misguided hate, if there was more hate in this world than there would be less people and then just maybe i'd be happy... just maybe.

it kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.

anyway, i hope you had a good day lady.

Christopher said...

I am so thrilled we are of the same DNA ya crazy broad! happy valentines day to you

Babsbitchin said...

Snooze, we don't miss the water till the well runs dry. I really frigin hate cliches but dammit, some are really true, huh?

Babsbitchin said...

Ophelia, you are so so so very much like me, it's just scary. Passion covers both realms and I loved and hated with equal passion too.When I have passion about something, a feeling, a person, a frame of mind it is something people do not soon forget. I'm calmer now, this minute, lol!
You tell Bella that Aunt B wants to be her Valentine.
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Babsbitchin said...

Chuck, omg, I do think you're onto something. If you go Postal, call me, I want in on the action. It's a damn good thing we don't live in the wild wild west cause many a motherfucker would go down. I'll start w/the Pedo's and work my way around and let God sort 'em out. I'd surly be broke for the cost of bullets. I used to steal them. I'll just have to get the reload kit again, right. Flip the coin...if I was there, you and I just might be looking for our nooks n crannies tonight, lol!
Big Love Snookums!

Babsbitchin said...

Kissyfur, my 4th son. I am tickled a pink triangle to hear from you. You have to know I've missed you. I'll be coming to visit today. Wanna fix my funky hair for me? C'mon, let's get snot slingin drunk and make prank calls. We'll stay up all nite and talk till the cows come home. I love ya handsome!