Mar 6, 2007

Yes, It's Gonna Be OK Babs

Yes, I am a quirky Bitch. I've got idiosyncrasies, big time. If I'm wearing steel toed, high cut boots, I'll wear a heavy and high sock. For all else, it must be a tennis sock and believe it or not I like the ones that have the little balls on them. Other than that, I wear my Nike, "Just Do The Fuckin' Thang," low cut socks.
Now, a good day, in my want of a perfect world, is when I do a white load of laundry, bleached to perfection and every sock has a mate. What a good feeling it is, to have new socks and then they all come out of the wash, all your socks, with mates.
Yes folks, it's come down to this, when the little things in life, give me the most pleasure. God, I love it, when a plan comes together!

7 comments:

Jagd Kunst said...

Well I've had the same underwear and socks for thirteen years. You can neither buy nor bleach that kinda comfort.

~Babsbitchin~ said...

jagd kunst, jeeez buddy, how'd you manage to keep those same socks together for all that time? You must be good. Now, before I went to prison, I had underwear from 1976. They were given to me, to wear home after having my oldest son. They were frigin red, white and blue, Bicentennial bikini drawers. I really never wore 'em, I just kept 'em for posterity or something.

Paula said...

Oh, I do NOT like those ball socks. They just bug me. But soft clean fresh white tube socks are the best. It is the little things that make the day right!

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Paula, I think I just prefer, the lowest cut socks, not too thick, not too thin, clean and white and everything's right. It's stupid, just how it's the little things that make you go, "Aaaaaah!"

Rich said...

Sounds like you know your socks. Have you ever had them ----- off of ya???? ;))

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Rich, only when I sleep. I use my feet as weather predictors and temperature regulators. I'll stick my foot out of the covers, if I'm too hot, etc. Yes, socks are a wonderful thing, lol!

It's Me, Maven... said...

Speaking of little things, and socks...

A dear friend sent me a hank/skein of some lovely citrusy colored wool, perfect spin for socks. I just might attempt crocheting a pair for myself. A simple enough pattern, and then edge the top of the sock (where the anklebone would be) with that broomstick lace I've been working on for a while.