Apr 7, 2007

The Fine Art of Prison Wine

<---Click to enlarge!
By far, one of the funniest stories or "How To's" I read, is on The Sneeze this morning. It was all about making prison wine. Now, for those of you who are not familiar, I just did 3 1/2 years Up the Lazy River, In the Klink. Put it all together and unfortunately, I've been indoctrinated in the fine art of this wonderful wine. It was not easy to get away with and if you were caught you were going to the hole. You were allowed to bring, back to your cell, one piece of fruit and that's it. You often had guards going around on "Fruit Patrol, "gathering excess fruit, they just knew was destined for a bag set up just for making wine. If you ask me, it tasted like ass but I did drink it and I did feel it. The article, on
The Sneeze is hilarious. Check it out!

On a further note... Chuck just had me post an accumulation of recipes for Sangria on the blog we do together, Real Food for Real People

Maybe I need to start some wine today,hmmm?

4 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

Hmmm. I guess in prison, if you want a drink, there's nothing you won't try, eh? I'll just try to keep myself out of trouble ;-)

~Babsbitchin~ said...

CS, next time you enjoy a quality glass of wine, one of noble stature, be grateful, right? I am, lol!

It's Me, Maven... said...

Have you checked out "Steve Don't Eat It!"?? It is without a doubt the most hysterical stuff I've read.

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Maven, I started to, but went to posting and forgot about it. I'll have to go back.