Apr 21, 2007

"Snorkling in the Name of Science"


I drank straight up whiskey with a side/Coke chaser. Just a little taste, I mixed in my mouth. Then, I had these chasers, years ago. We called it, "Snorkeling or Snokling" depending on how many shots you'd done. I filled my glass with whiskey and a little Coke on top. It shoots the mix into your mouth. Of course, this was all done in the name of science, as the whiskey will sit on top of the Coke or water. How many times, did I have the pleasure of proving this? God only knows?

Jack Daniels Online Store

The story folks down in Lynchburg tell is that a traveling salesman with a penchant for tall tales came through the hollow one day and wagered with Jack Daniel that he could make whiskey stand on water. After Mr. Jack put a bottle of his prized Tennessee Whiskey on the line, the salesman produced the strangest looking glass anyone had ever seen. With some water from the nearby cave spring and some of our whiskey, the salesman won the bet. Mr. Jack was so impressed, he bought the glass and called it the Chaser Jigger. Made in the USA. Large size is 2.0 oz. over 4 oz.

4 comments:

Webmiztris said...

JD is WAY too hardcore for me. I'd be toast!

Babsbitchin said...

Webmiztris, come on, walk on the wild side with me. Let's get creamed beef n toast (code name; smoke one and drink 10)

se7en said...

Hey, I like JD too, but it's gotten way too expensive. They price it like it's liquid gold for craps sake. I switched to Jim Beam for that reason.

Babsbitchin said...

se7en, I stopped some time back because of that and drank good ol' Black Velvet. If I was feeling frisky I got Crown Royal.It's a damn shame they gotta put a price on happiness, like that, huh?