Jun 15, 2007

Indictment of Middle America; The Death of Aaron Hall

I wrote an, I think, compelling commentary on my advice column, about the death of Aaron Hall. I'd like you to read it.

Ask Aunt B

Aunt Babz Free Advice
(On Wordpress)


Please show your support. If we continue to accept this behavior, it will breed more discontent. Oh yea, these guys may get some time but it's behind the scenes that I'm worried about. It is a case so similar to Matthew Shepard. Do you even know that name and how he died? We can not allow this and we need to make it real clear that we will not tolerate this behavior...ever.
If we just say nothing, make no comment, the act will go, unchecked. We can't sweep this under the carpet. If we look the other way, it'll happen again and again.
Hatred wears many outfits, I personally have grown tired of the ignorance that goes hand in hand with this incident. We must not allow this to just go away, like a dirty little secret.
No way and I hold that town, their parents and all the people who silently say to themselves, "well, he shouldn't have come on to him, that would have never happened," in contempt. I Indict this middle American town and all like it.I would Bitchslap you if I could and slap the ignorance out of your head. I'd smack you so hard, your Grandchildren will feel it.
People, don't just say nothing. Don't allow this to happen to Aaron without saying something. The guy was beaten and dumped, naked, left for dead. He crawled away, naked and alone and died, succumbing to his beating. Imagine your child or brother, treated this way?
He is your brother. Do you have anything to say?

7 comments:

Joe the Troll said...

Wow... this is the first I've heard of this. I do remember Matthew, and yes this is a very similar situation. i wonder how many "followers of Christ" are okay with what these two slimeballs did?

Snooze said...

I hadn't heard of Aaron Hall. It's heartbreaking and sick. What the hell is wrong with people?

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Joe the Troll,Exactly and I thank you for stepping up to bat and making a statement. "Slimeball" is putting it nicely, huh?

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Joe, Really, I thank you!

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Snooze, it breaks my heart and unfortunately, I am Empathic, I feel their pain, somewhat. It eats at me and I get angry. Thanks, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Here is more from the Bloomington Alternative:
http://bloomingtonalternative.com/content/8413

This article claims that the body was found in the garage of the deputy coronor and that he is also the father of one of the men accused.
It also mentions that there were other eyewitnesses to the murder and that the home was somewhat of a teen drug haven.
Folks also claim that corruption is rampant in the small community and are afraid to talk on the record.
Could this gay panic defense be a ploy to cover up something bigger? Like why was the body in the deputy coroners garage and why hasn't charges been filed on him?

Babs Bitchin said...

Anonymous, well hopefully, somebody has the balls to not stand for it. I have a bit of readership but not enough to make a dent. We can not let this just go unchecked. They ALL must be held accountable. In fact, I hold all those that think as they do, accountable. It is a disgrace and I hope Aaron did not die in vain. Thank you and please keep me abreast.