Jul 20, 2007

Sleeping Squirrel


I am one with nature. I am not the outdoorsy type, this much is true. Thus, if I quit smoking, I'd never see half the things I do, right in my back yard.
I watched this squirrel, open and eat a acorn, right where he's sitting. Then, he fell asleep. He's one of the two babies, that we had, right out back, in the nest behind the fence. I saw him when he was just a lil shit. He's still little but growing quickly. He woke, just as I snapped the pic. (Click on it to enlarge) Now, you tell me, have you ever, in your life, seen a squirrel, sleeping in a tree, for more than a half hour?

See why I just can't quit smoking?

4 comments:

Xmichra said...

i haven't. Usually they are all squirley.. heh.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Xmichra, smaaaaaaaaart ass, lol!

Webmiztris said...

I have never seen a squirrel sleeping anywhere, so that is definitely a rare moment!

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Webmiztris, it was cool and I tried to sneak up on him but a black bird jumped onto a branch, above him and woke him. It was squawking and I wonder if it was to warn him? Who knows these hidden mysteries. But I saw him, when he was just a munchkin. It's rare to see baby squirrels too.