Aug 11, 2007

Mysterious Staicase

The Mysterious Staircase

The Mysterious Staircase !

City of Santa Fé, in New Mexico, USA. A mystery of over 130 years and attracting around 250 thousand visitors every year. Point of attention : Loretto Chapel

What makes this chapel different from all others is that the subject of the supposed miracle that took place in it is a Staircase.

A chapel was constructed somewhere in hte 19th century. When it was ready, the nuns found that there was no staircase built to take them to the top level. They spent 9 days praying to St. Joseph, who was a carpenter. On the last day, a stranger knocked at their door and said that he was a carpenter who could help them build the staircase.

He constructed the staircase, all by himself, which was considered to be the pride of carpentery. None knew how the staircase could stand by itself as it did not have a central support. Then the carpenter, who did not use a single nail or glue to construct this staircase, disappeared without even waiting for his payment.

There was a rumour in the city of Santa Fé, that the carpenter was St. Joseph himself ...sent by Jesus Christ to attend to the nuns’ problem. Since then, the staircase was known to be called “miraculous” and turned out to be the site for pilgrimage.

There are 3 mysteries in this case, says the spokesman of the chapel : the 1st mystery is that, until today, the identity of this man is not known.

The second mystery – all the architects, engineers and scientists say that they cannot understand how this staircase can balance without any central support.

And the 3rd mystery – from where did the wood come? They have checked and found out that the type of wood used to build the staircase does not exist in the entire region

There is another detail that has just increased the belief in the supposed miracle : The staircase has 33 steps, the age of Jesus Christ.

Author unknown

13 comments:

Jeff said...

Hi Babs. Just a quick drive-by to say thanks for contributing to Boiled Dinner. I'm hanging it up. Peace!

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Hi Jeff, you can't, say it's not so. That's it, I'm coming over to talk some sense into you. Got any beer?

Xmichra said...

wow.. that is something huh? I love stuff like this. It's eerie but cool at the same time.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Xmichra, me too. I was reading about a reincarnation page today and it had some really interesting stories. I've had similar things happen, to me. My religion doesn't talk of reincarnation but either we inherit memory as DNA, possibly more so than others or there's reincarnation. I find it all fascinating.
Now, tell me what you think of this;

Reincarnation Stories

Xmichra said...

hmm. well some things seem rather far fetched (i mean, i am 1/2 German but did I know Asolf as a young boy?? no, i don't think so.) but others are quite remarkable.

I know that i freaked out my mother when i was about three, i started playing the piano. A real song. and i had never touched one before in my life. She asked me where i learned that, and i told her that i didn't. i just knew it. Strange i say.

.Ophelia. said...

very cool mystery. I must pass this along to a friend of mine, He loves this type of stuff.
xoxo

Babs Bitchin said...

Xmichra, yes, things like happened to me, when I was little too and sometimes, even now. Very interesting. Can you still play?

Babs Bitchin said...

Ophelia, it's a beautiful staircase. If you look at it close, which, I'd love to see it for real, it's nothing holding it up for support. Too cool, huh?

Xmichra said...

just the one song :D

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Xmichra, but that is so cool. Isn't that funny. I never took to reading music but play by ear and played well several instruments and I don't know where that came from. It does make you wonder, huh?

sKILLz said...

Wow thats some crazy shit right there!
I love to read up on things like this, it really makes you wonder.
Intresting find!

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Skillz, I love to read about shit like this too. Now, I'd go out of my way, if I was in SF, to see that staircase. It's totally cool.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Skillz, cool ass webpage, btw. It's hot in Crooklyn, ya heard?