Aug 10, 2007

This is so cool, I had to share it, along with the post below about the Hippo. Check it out, this Lion...Remembers!

A female lion reunited to humans after a few years.
Christian is the name of a pet lion bought from "Harrods" department store in London. After about a year with his owners the lion had grown too big to remain with them. After a chance encounter with the stars of the film Born Free, the owners handed the pet lion over to the "Lion Man", conservationist George Adamson in order to be rehabilitated into the wild in Kora National Reserve, Kenya. A movie was made documenting the translocation from England to Kenya. In this footage, a year has passed and it looks like this pet lion has adapted to living with a pride of lions when his old friends come back to visit him. Watch closely and you can see the look of pure disbelief that dawns on his muzzle- it's awesome. ^_^ Next thing you know, we have a heart warming reunion. Not long after, members of the pride approach and even they seem to accept his human friends.
More info at Wikipedia and Daily Mail (UK)



4 comments:

Xmichra said...

wow. i would be terrified if a lion was bolting towards me like that!!

~Babsbitchin~ said...

Xmichra, fuck, I was terrified and it wasn't me. But it was sooooo cool, how it remembered him and was lovin on him. I want a big kitty.

brotherray said...

OMG that made me almost cry! I know - I'm weird that way, but that reunion was incredible - totally fuckin awesome.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Brotherray, I love cats, the bigger the better, especially Lions, male ones at that. I would've crapped myself, probably, if the cat came running at me and I wasn't sure if I was friend or foe?