Oct 22, 2007

Dirty Bunny???

I found this story this morning;

Years ago while lying in my hammock I noticed my dog dragging something under the fence. Upon inspection, to my dismay, I realized it was the next door neighbor's 10 year old daughter's rabbit.

For years I had watched her come home from school and head straight out to it's cage, free it and play with it in the yard. I knew today would be no different and fearing for our dog, I had to think fast.

The rabbit was dirty, so I washed it off with the hose, combed it with the dog brush and blew it dry with the leaf blower. Upon finishing its grooming I jumped the fence and replaced it back in its cage hoping its death would be written off as "natural causes". Back to the hammock.

Within the hour the neighbors Volvo pulled in as usual and out popped the little girl, and as usual she headed straight for the cage. Only this time she stopped about six feet away and screamed: "DDDDAAAADDDDYYYY!"

Her father panic stricken stood looking at the cage. Being the good neighbor that I am I rushed to fence and asked if there was anything I could do.

Her father less than calmly blurted, "What kind of sick individual would dig up a little girl's dead rabbit and put it back in it's cage??"


Now, go read about the time I was a chicken, "Laying Eggs???"

10 comments:

Jefe said...

Hilarious!

Babz Bitchin said...

Jefe, it slayed me, omg, I can only imagine, lol!

B said...

that was used in a movie...

Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star.

The neighbours come home and think it is a sign of the devil and move out of their house immediately. It is very funny.

sKILLz said...

Now that is some funny shit! I mean he had good intentions right?

AZCG said...

My father woke up one morning to discover a Collared Peccary, also known as the Javelina, standing in our front yard, so he grabbed his rifle and shot it; he took it to a little shed behind the house and was cleaning and skinning it when a neighbor came by looking for his pet Javelina. My dad said he never saw it and our neighbor went on down the road calling for his pet. My dad ate it – he said it was delicious.

Rob7534 said...

My Mother's dog used to kill little birds that would drink from the bird bath in the yard, then leave the dead little bodies by the back door as a present for her.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

B, I vaguely remember that movie. I can't imagine this happening, how awfully funny.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Skillz, I knew you'd see the humor, that poor bastard, huh?

DirtyBitchSociety said...

AZCG, my eyes went wide open as I read that, omg! Your dad ate it? eeeeeeeeew!! I've never seen one much less eaten it and I don't think I could. Did you eat it?

DirtyBitchSociety said...

Rob7534, I've heard of cats doing that, quite a bit but never a dog. It was a gift, the dog was bringing her, probably felt he was showing protection, right?