Dec 13, 2007

My Resolution


I've been through hell as of late, my ass is certainly scorched, the hair singed off, as I skirted the gates of hell.

The Winds of Change are blowing and I look forward to the New Year. I'm standing up, not dancing as fast as I did but a bit more optimistic. While some say the glass is half full, others will say the glass is half empty. I will just be grateful for the water.

I've never been one for New Years Resolutions but this year, mine is to be a little less negative, a little more assertive and I'm done playing the Saint Barbara/Martyr role. That doesn't mean I will begin a daily regimen of negativity. No, it means I will begin an exercise of self preservation. I will seek out that which makes me laugh, those that love me unconditionally and a no holes barred approach, to a few important things/situations/scenarios. The biggest or most important of those things is, I will become the Matriarch of my family again. This New Year, I will have a goal to get back to a place, where "MY" family is there for holidays, I will cook that Turkey myself and have my children and grandchildren by my side.

Happy Holidays


What's your Resolution???

7 comments:

Miz UV said...

I'm going to read some great books that aren't "fun." My head is filled with too much junkfood literature. I've already started Ulysses, blech. No, I'm doing it. :)

~Babz~ said...

Miz UV, my lil sis is doing the same thing. She's reading War & Peace. Normally she'd read chachi novels and so on but at an Exec. Mgmt. Convention, it was suggested, as an application. Go figure? I do suppose the classics are noteworthy. I do remember in H.S. and college, just cringing at some of the stuff. I would skim it. Maturity does allow change, huh?

On a lighter note, have you read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom? I read it and now I have his next book, Tuesdays with Morrie.

Steve said...

Sounds like a good resolution to me!

brotherray said...

I don't know what mine is going to be yet, but I sure did like yours and think something along the same. I'm not one for resolutions myself (have kept a few but not too many) but this time of year is definitely a good time to reflect and look at the many many roads in front of us we can travel and the roads we've chosen and then strike out on a new road on a new journey (or at least dream about it.) I think there is a "middle ground" in all we do that - if we stray too far from it - things can get real F'd up real quick, especially in the age of "technology". Uh.... lol - like that blogging road.

I just figured out my reso! I'm going to get a new boat?! No... actually I'm going to throw the captain overboard and get a new one! hehehe

big love to ya!

CanadianSwiss said...

I'm not much into resolutions, at least not specifically for the New Year.

I wish you a wonderful time with your children and grandchildren. Have a Happy Christmas, mon amie!

Eyebee said...

I never make any resolutions.

Why?

Because, just as I can't eat and drink to excess simply because it's a holiday, I can't resolve to do something simply because it's a specific date.

I have to be in the right frame of mind to resolve to do or give up something, and that might come at any day of the year...

Eyebee said...

Frick...

I was all serious for once.