Dec 28, 2007

Only In My Family...




If I came across a blog that talked about their grandkids, I'd probably skip that blog or at least the post but you gotta hear this...

Yes, let me introduce you...on the right is my 6 year old Grandson, lil' Bill. He's a good kid, a little sassy to his Mom sometimes but the child is full of wonder, intelligence and a real joy. On the left, is 3 year old Samantha Jean, who was named thusly as when I was pregnant with her Daddy, if I had a girl, I would have named her Samantha Jean.

She looks innocent...

I am pretty lucky as I hear from one or all three of my sons, almost daily.
Unfortunately or rather with mixed emotions, my two younger sons tend to call me when ever they are pooping. I guess a call is a call and I am just grateful to hear from them and get Grandkid updates and so on.

So, the other night I was on the phone with my middle son, Bill, Samantha's Dad. He has pretty much given up on the ol leisure poop, reading a Playboy or Maxxim's, with the door closed, along with privacy and so forth. Chock full o'questions, the kids are always opening the door. It comes with the parental territory, I suppose? Luckily for me, these calls are not a graphic affair, as you might suspect with grunting and so forth but I have been blessed with an occasional sound of a torrential blow out. Yes, TMI but I try not to listen or focus on the negative and just be glad I get a call, from my sons, a time out, shared in their busy day. My sons, all have a kick ass sense of humor, often dark and they inherited the "laughing inappropriately," from me. But this time, Bill was dead serious when he asked, his wife;

"Halena, why are there Pop Tarts in my underwear?"


So, of course, I had to ask, "Bill, why are there Pop Tarts in your underwear? He then explained to me that Samantha likes to put things in the dryer and gave a list of things, they'd found in the dryer such as cookies, pop tarts, the cat..."The cat?," I asked. He went on to explain that Samantha was a terror and had put the cat in the freezer, thrown it out the window and he mentioned that the cat didn't like it at all in the freezer but,"He loved it when she put him in the fridge. I opened it up
to get a Mountain Dew and there was the cat, chillin, eating Pepperoni Rolls. He got mad when I took him out and stood, meowing, scratching at the refrigerator door. He wanted back in."

She's Daddy's lil girl for sure. You can tell he's a bit more stern with lil Bill but his, "Baby Girl," can pretty much do no wrong. "I bet that poor cat is terrified of her, huh?, I asked, sort of laughing. "Does he run when he sees her coming, I know I would?" I asked, assuming the obvious. He kinda laughed and then said, rather seriously, "Oh no, that cat loves her to death. When I go and unlock her bedroom door, in the morning, the cat's right there and can't wait to get in there with her."

Then it dawned on me, what he'd just said. Now, I try not to lecture my kids, they don't take too kindly to it, anyway. I sometimes have to bite my lip and let go of the reigns, in that parenting department as they are not my kids.Yes, these are my Grandkids but I must know my place and be respectful, you know, don't step on their toes and so on.

Now, I can't pretend and I was a bit concerned as his statement hit me. I was now entering, walking that fine line but it became an absolute must to find out why he locks the door? I didn't like the sounds of this and by God, if I ever thought my Grandbabies were ever neglected or abused, you frigin right, I'm crossing the line. Yep, I do not care as I'd open a whole can o'whoop ass and if anyone hurt my Grandbabies, I'd have to cloud up and rain all over their asses. I'm still a mother bear.

"Bill, uh...um...uh...why do you lock Sam up, in her room?" There was a bit of hesitation and I was kinda waiting to get the proverbial boot for my nosy, as usual questions. I could detect a bit of a defensive stance as he matter of factly told me he had to. "Ma, you don't understand. I've come out, heard a noise in the middle of the night and it's Samantha. She gets up, 2-3am and will be sitting out in the living room with a bag of chips, watching a movie. I've gone out there and she's eating bologna playing Xbox with the cat. We finally started locking the door, when I heard the front door open. She was headed down the stairs, in the middle of the night."

She's just like her Grandma!

15 comments:

Xmichra said...

lol! poor son of your having to tell his mother he locks his child up at night!!

My youngest brother was really bad for sleep walking, and my mom didn't want to lock him in his room because he also was a late to bloom night bed wetter.. and she didn't want to deter him going pee. But One night he walked down the street to my grandmothers in just his pj's. i think he was 5 or 6 at the time. Thank the gods he only went down to my grandmothers which was like a 4 minute walk. Especially given it was winter and around minus 30.

After that night, the alarm on the door went up, a motion sensor in the hall, and a reverse lock on the front door to lock it on the inside with a key.

Xquizit said...

WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM IN THE BLOGSPOT COMMUNITY PLEASE LISTEN TO ME..THIS IS URGENT.

SOME ONE TOOK A PICTURE OF MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER FROM THIS BLOG AND POSTED IT CALLING HER A MENTAL CASE DUE TO INBREEDING. THIS IS INTOLERABLE IN THIS COMMUNITY..THIS COULD BE YOUR CHILD JUST AS EASILY. PLEASE HELP US PUT THIS BASTARD OFF BLOGSPOT. I BELIEVE PERSONALLY THIS PERSON CALLING HIMSELF "THE GOOD THE BAD THE EVIL" IS A MAN KNOWN AS FALCON 747. HE STEALS GRAPHIC AND PICTURES FROM OTHER PEOPLE's BLOGs. THEN MAKES NASTY PICTURES WITH OUR PICTURES AND BLOGS LIES. THIS TIME HE DID IT TO MY CHILD.

HERE IS THE LINK www.thegoodthebadtheevil.blogspot.com

PLEASE HELP US GET THIS PERSON OFF BLOG SPOT...BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS TO MY LITTLE GIRL. WHAT IF SHE WERE TO READ THIS..AT 12 ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN TO HER FROM SEEING SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

CresceNet said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Old Knudsen said...

children with red eyes scare me.

Old Knudsen said...

Strange comments that link to nowhere, I'm glad I'm not paranoid ha!

Xmichra said...

tagged you in my blog deary :)

Rich said...

Happy 2008 Grandma!!!

Luv from
Boston

~Babz~ said...

X, it just sounds terrible, doesn't it? Locking her in and all. But I'm sending him some 1st Alert alarms. Lee, his brother is here, visiting me and will be leaving tomorrow. He'll take this big box of stuff to my son Bill. Hopefully, Bill can use these alarms. It'll make me feel better anyway. Crazy shit, I forgot how much fun it is being a parent of small kids.

Good thing your bro went to Grandma's, at least that's a safe place, right?

BTW, Happy New Year to you and hubby and of course, The Princess!

~Babz~ said...

Xquisit, I saw the pic on that assholes blog. It appears to have been taken down and now the whole site is gone. Smart person. I think it was a female, just from the way it was written. People can be so frigin nasty, huh? It's good for them, that they took it down, I'll just say that much cause I went there and was going to leave a nasty retaliatory comment.Of course, it'd probably start a war. Ain't my first though and won't be my last. Batter up???

Hugz and Happy New Year!

~Babz~ said...

Old Knudsen, be afraid, be very afraid!

Happy New Year, Da! Big Love!

~Babz~ said...

X, you dirty bird you. I'll have to check it out. I've got three for Aunt B, so I'll try to get to it. Are ya busy per chance???

~Babz~ said...

Rich, Happy 2008 back at ya from Long Island. We should do coffee soon, I miss ya and sure appreciate hearing from you. I do realize it's a two way street and I've been a less than attentive friend, huh? I really mean it when I say I hope this year shines for you!

Big Love!

Joe the Troll said...

" Chock full o'questions, the kids are always opening the door. It comes with the parental territory, I suppose?"

I would never have dreamed of opening the bathroom door while dad was on the throne, or of going near that part of the house for an hour afterward.

Miranda said...

Ok seems no one's said this, so I had to say this. Babs, lol, be thankful that 2 out of 3 sons give a shit about calling you.

I used to have a neighbor kid, when she was 3, that escaped the house, they had to install one of those chain locks about 6 feet up on the door, then finally a key lock in the door.

SHe'd come out and stick her head in my front living room window while I was feeding Kat at about 4:30- 5 in the morning. She'd have her hands cupped to the window, asking where linz was. She was a cute, kid, but an only child whose parents didnt do much with her, so she wandered over at our place alot.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

xstevex said...

My oldest grand daughter lives with us and her sister is here 2 days a week and every other weekend,
we get first hand stories here , Yes.... , Sher thats scary I will not post any family pics any more , THATS SICK...maybe that person will get what they deserve..
Babz it aint just your family haha believe that;)
xs