It burns my ass how people look down their noses at people who do drugs, namely pot. A chemical is a chemical and quite frankly, I do believe that alcohol is far worse than marijuana. The funny thing is the people, in our history as a Nation, fought Prohibition and won, back in the day when the people ran the country and not a bunch of oil slicked politicians. Otherwise, liquor would be illegal as well.
Of course, you could never convince a group sitting around an AA meeting that they have just as much of a problem as anyone else that is addicted and abuses drugs.
I've actually been to AA meetings where I have been informed that it is discouraged to speak about drugs at the meeting. Why? Because as I said, people who are Alcoholics do not see themselves in the same class as, i.e. myself, a dirty heroin addict struggling to stay clean from my first love. While I do realize there's a huge difference between heroin, liquor and marijuana, c'mon people, let's call a spade, a spade, huh?
Something to think about...
For sure, do you see someone wreck the car, killing whole families because they were stoned, hmmm?
-Annual drug deaths:
'legal' drugs: 38,000,
illegal drug overdoses: 5,200,
Considering government subsidies of tobacco, just what is our government protecting us from in the drug war?"
William A. Turnbow
-Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction
-I hate seeing commercials like 'Don't do drugs!', and 'Why do you think they call it dope?', and then the next commercial is 'This Bud's for you!'" Bill Hicks
-I’d stay away from Ecstasy. This is a drug so strong it makes white people think they can dance.
-Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?" cocaine addict, Half Baked
-They used to burn witches. Today we laugh at them. Today we jail people for marijuana. Tomorrow they'll laugh at us. Robert "Rosie" Rowbotham
- I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf.
Baseball player Tug McGraw in 1974, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf
- I would never do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass, okay?
- If God dropped acid, would he see people?
-I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells.
- I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money.
David Lee Roth
- I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example.
- Reality is just a refuge for people who can't handle drugs.
- I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.
- Did you know America ranks the lowest in education but the highest in drug use? It's nice to be number one, but we can fix that. All we need to do is start the war on education.
- Don't do drugs because if you do drugs you'll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison.
- Moderation in all things -- including moderation.
- I used to get high on life until I realized that life was cut with morons
- My dials are pupilated
- The chemistry lesson from last century is that no drug has ever caused as much problems as the attempts to rescue us from them.
Arnold Trebach, professor emeritus, American University.
- The Grass is always greener ... when it is rolled up in a paper.
N.R. Johansson - Animal rights people are historically overt abusers of substances, but you know; if you took as much LSD as Paul McCartney you wouldn't eat anything with a face either.
- In 1960, Allen Ginsberg takes Psilocybin at Timothy Leary's house, calls Jack Kerouac and identifies himself as God. Kerouac hangs up.
From a book written by Adam Higgibotham
- "The band The Orb have a little game they play, designed to limit the consumption of drugs to those still coherent enough to get a spark across a synapse. Having had his fill of a joint, Thrash turns to Alex: "What's the capital of Peru?" "Lima," replies Alex with some satisfaction. Thrash surrenders the spliff. "The Orb," explains Alex hazily, "has become a very geographically conscious band. Mountain ranges in Africa, rivers in Russia, cities in south America - we know 'em all. Have to. No geography, no drugs."
From a book written by Adam Higgibotham
- Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
- We can never solve our significant problems from the same level of thinking we were at when we created the problems.
Drugs have not been kind to poor Amy, now have they?
Amy before drugs
Amy before&after drugs
Amy after drugs
If you want to see some more photos of her Click here.
Mouse Party is a funny Flash game that lets you explore how mice brains react to different drugs. Even though it's not particularly informative, it's kinda entertaining to watch a bunch of drugged out animated mice groove to chillout music and see how they react when you put them in the chair to be studied. ::giggle::
Drugs and the BrainHuman brains are unique, because they give us the power to reflect, talk and dream. All these processes are influenced by the use of drugs.
Choose one of the drugs below to see how it effects your brain. To learn more about the processes in your brain first, choose "How the brain works".
Drugs and the Brain (in 15 languages)